Nov 13, 2006

Ice cream!!!

Some friends of Dan’s were in town to visit so we did some sight seeing.
We went to this open air fish market in search of squid ink ice cream.

Here’s the sign. Notice that he’s blowing out some ink and inviting us to have some ice cream.

Squid ink Icecream Sign


I am allergic to squid. I found out the hard way. I ate it and got really sick so I didn’t have any ice cream.

But here is Henry enjoying some.

Henry and some Squidink IceCream

They sprinkle it with ink powder. I hear that it tastes mildly of squid. I don’t know, I had melon ice cream.

For some reason my head looks really big here.
Me and melon ice cream

Cantaloupe is also very popular here. They go for about 25 bucks a melon.

Street_Fish_2

We walked around for a bit and ate our ice cream. Which is a major faux pas. Walking around eating and drinking is like picking your nose. It’s a lack of self-control.

Top of Mount Hakodate

Top of Mount Hakodate

We then went to the top of the mountain and took some pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home