Oct 30, 2006

Japan update

This past weekend Dan and I were invited to two Halloween parties. So we, of course, had to get costumes. It was a tough choice between an eggplant or a takoyaki. The takoyaki won out. I think you can tell why. Dan went as a squid so we could have a seafood theme and because he looks pretty darn cute.

It seems a little inappropriate that I hadn’t actually had a takoyaki yet when I bought the costume but I didn’t care. It’s a fried dumpling with a piece of octopus in the center. It was a big hit at the parties we went to. Most Japanese people didn’t quite know what it was but after a little explanation, they got it. The big thing sticking out of the side is supposed to be the octopus, but people thought it was a horn. That kept throwing people off because actual takoyaki is completely round. I think it may be the equivalent to wearing a hotdog on my head.

You may not be able to see in this photo that my lower lip is a little red. When I had an actual takoyaki it was hot off the grill and I burned the frack out of my lip trying to eat it. It was very yummy once it cooled down.

I encourage you to visit my flickr page for more seafood modeling madness.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arsonistcow/

The Squid and the Takoyaki

ANTM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home