Feb 7, 2007

One Morning

From Jan 31 to Feb 7th I didn't have email. So if you emailed and didn't hear from me, that's why.

Here's one of my mornings.

a_ceiling_morning.JPG
This is what I see when I wake up.

c_shower.JPG
Take a shower. This is interesting because it shows how we have to get hot water. See the black knob on the far right. Turn that on to open the gas. Then the right beige knob on the top of the black is pushed down and turned. As you hold that down you turn the crank directly under it and look in the window to see if you light the gas. Then slowly let the top knob up and turn in again. Then you can turn on the water.

f_fullheater.JPG
This is the kerosene heater that heats the house. I huddle in front of it when I get out of the shower cause it's COLD.
Our bedroom is to the left there. Our laundry is hanging there too. We don't have a dryer.

g_bathroom_sink.JPG
The sink outside of the shower.

i_doing_laundry.JPG
We have a washing machine. This is how we do laundry. You can start to see how the room fits together. The sink is on the far right, then the shower, washing machine, kitchen is beyond that and if you turn left you would see the heater and bedroom.

h_breakfast.JPG
Breakfast. Those are Dan's Pringles not mine.

j_walking_tobus.JPG
Walking to the bus.

k_waitingforbus.JPG
Waiting for the bus.

l_onbus.JPG
On the bus.

m_artsupply_4.JPG
The art supply store. It's combined with a frame shop. This is pretty common. This is the biggest on in Hakodate and it's really small but it keeps me going.

p_worktable.JPG
Back to work, my desk.

n_computer.JPG
This is my computer desk. I was going to show the view out the window (a mountain) but it there was too much condensation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate! I am so glad that you posted these pics. Your apartment is nothing like I imagined it would look like. I love it! How neat! And Weird! I want to hang out with you in Hakodate.

I got excited last night thinking about you coming back.

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 2:09:00 PM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very cool!

Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 12:22:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Absolutely Small said...

Thank you for posting these pictures! They remind me tremendously of the only Japanese apartment I've ever visited. Except that was a Tokyo bachelor,and his place was not nearly so tidy.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 7:25:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Snicky Peppermint said...

loved all the pics! very interesting would be an experience living your way of life there!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 5:02:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home